Skip to content
- What field do you currently work in? *
Finance (statistical arbitrage)
- What is the highest degree in astronomy/physics you have received? *
- What is/was your most recent academic position in astronomy/physics? *
- What has been your career path since you completed your degree? *
Working in family finance business
- What were the most important factors that led you to leave astronomy and/or academia?
Availability of jobs in my native country, a unique opportunity for a family finance business
- What city and country do you live in and/or work in?
- What’s something you greatly miss about grad school? What about something you definitely don’t miss?
Collegiate atmosphere, cheap delicious social lunches
- What have been particularly valuable skills for your current job that you gained through completing your degree?
Computer coding in C, a natural skepticism of results and attention to detail
- Describe a typical day at work.
Very similar to a day during my PhD
- What is your level of satisfaction with your current job?