This page hosts resources on how to find and apply for academic jobs. We welcome any and all contributions (be it links, talk slides, or articles). If you would like to contribute then please contact the chapter steering committee.
- AAS Job Register; Current job ads for faculty positions (visiting, non-tenure, and tenure), postdoctoral positions, graduate positions, science engineering, science management, and other positions around the world.
- ASA ECR Chapter How To Series — How to interview; Susan Scott and Matt Francis cover the best practices for industry and academic interviews, and how they differ. March 2022
- ASA ECR Chapter How To Series — How to apply for an academic job; Ilya Mandel gives an overview talk on the most important elements of an academic application. Topics include application content, where your time should be spent, differences between academic jobs/levels, and the process in general. February 2022
- ASA ECR Chapter Virtual Series: Career Pathways in Academia; Featuring Caroline Foster, Richard McDermid, Kim-Vy Tran, and Cathryn Trott. In this panel, they discuss their experiences in the academic career track, ranging from the ups and downs to the twists and turns of academia. September 2020
- Postdoc job applications: “don’t panic” guide!; Chris Blake; Swinburne University of Technology; October 2017
- Dress for Success; The Centre of Excellence for All-sky Astrophysics (CAASTRO). 2017
- Getting an Academic Job Why, what, when and how? — Matthew Colless; June 2014